Re: [Condor-users] Condor on high security networks

On 29-02-2012 08:32, Tiago Macarios wrote:
Hi,

My company sells a software that is embarrassingly parallel and easy to use
with Condor. We also support PBS and I know that they both have
their differences, but for our purposes they work pretty much the same. My
point is that we really have a hard time getting aerospace and high
security standard customers to even think about installing Condor, most of
the time they prefer to buy PBS or even install TORQUE. Apparently they
are worried about what Condor will do with their files. I know that the
project is open source and that if they wanted they could check what it is
doing, but it does not seem to be enough to convince them to install Condor.

Do any of you have this problem also and how do you cope with it? Is there
any "high profile" company/organization that fits the profile I described
and that uses condor?

Hi Tiago

AFAIK , Embraer http://embraer.com.br uses condor ( i've seen more than once a guy with an @embraer.com.br email address on the list ) .
So yes, you can check this box. ;)