[Condor-users] condor_chirp on Windows - return code -1073740777

I'm trying to use the condor_chirp tool to change a job property
defined in the submit script. In the submit script I have:

+JobRdpShell = "undefined"

then I use condor_chirp to change this on a Windows Server 2003 R2
execution host like this in the cmd script which is my executable:

condor_chirp set_job_attr JobRdpShell \"whatever\"

No matter what I use (instead of "whatever") condor_chirp returns with
code -1073740777. It updates the job classad correctly as I can see
with condor_q -l but I cannot check whether the tool succeeded because
it always comes back with this strange return code. Is this the
intended behavior?