Re: [Condor-users] Maximum jobs on submit machine

What type(s) of machines are your jobs running on? Also, not sure but are you asking about the number of jobs that can run on a submit machine (i.e., execute machine) or the number of submitted jobs on a submit machine. I know for Windows the heap size (set in registry) can impact both the number of submitted jobs on a submit machine and the number of jobs that run on an execute machine. I am guessing you are talking about the prior so search for heap in the Condor manual, which explains how this is changed and how it can impact your jobs. I am not sure what limitations exist for other platforms that might explain what you are seeing.

mike

From: Eric Abel <Eric.Abel@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/13/2012 08:39 AM
Subject: [Condor-users] Maximum jobs on submit machine
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Fellow condor users,

I am finding that there is a limit to the number of jobs that will run on a given submit machine, and that number is different depending on the machine.  I have already verified that this limit is well below the default MaxJobsRunning  value.  For example on one machine the maximum seems to be about 85, and on another it’s about 50.  Any ideas on this?

Thanks,