Re: [Condor-users] Condor with CUDA on windows

On 1/13/2012 4:04 PM, Ziliang Guo wrote:
Another user sent a similar question and I responded here:
https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2012-January/msg00038.shtml

Simplistically, due to the changed security model in Vista and higher,
access to the video card is severely restricted in the session 0 that
Condor and jobs run in.  Currently the only way to run a CUDA or any
job that requires a GPU on Windows using Condor is to run Condor as a
personal Condor.  This however requires that a user be logged into the
machine to start up and keep Condor running.  You also lose the
sandboxing from the user that Condor does when running as a service.

So even running Condor as a regular user under the service control manager is not enough to allow access to the video card on Vista and higher? Is there perhaps some Windows registry setting on some such to relax this restriction?

Sorry I only have questions instead of answers...

Todd