Re: [Condor-users] simple submit question

On 01/30/2012 03:06 PM, Shrum, Donald C wrote:
I'm building a submit script for my condor cluster.  I have an executable that requires some input files and it requires the user to pass in parameters after execution.

I've done this at the command line with a shell script -

#!/bin/bash
/home/Donny/someprogram<<  EOF>  output.out
Some input
More input
Input again
EOF

What is the best way to do this?  My initial inclination was a submit file that looks like this -
universe        = Vanilla
Executable      = /home/donny/run.sh
should_transfer_files = YES
transfer_input_files = someprogram,inputFile1,inputFile2

Perhaps there is a way to mimic the functionality in the shell script in the condor submit script?

Thanks!

Donny
Florida State University HPC

See "input = <pathname>" in man condor_submit.

Best,

matt