Re: [Condor-users] How long does it take to get a submit job scheduled?

On 01/29/2012 11:15 PM, Yaohua Chen wrote:
Hi,

I want to know how long does it take to get a submit job scheduled.
Essentially, it's the time interval between submitting a job and the
time the job is executed. Are there any materials/tutorials discussing
this issue?

Thank you for any help!
Terry

There are a number of factors in play here. Typically, if there aer available resources, you'll probably not even notice a delay. I don't know of any document that lays out the factors, maybe -

http://spinningmatt.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/jobs-claims-and-leases-claim-leases/

If you're searching around for info, key terms are: negotiation cycle, claim recycling, claim reuse, reschedule

At a high level, the condor_negotiator periodically starts a negotiation cycle that hands out resource claims to condor_schedds, who run jobs on the claims and re-use them between negotiation cycles. Also, when a new job is submitted a reschedule request is sent to the negotiator, which may be ignored if it comes in too near to the end of the last cycle (20s iirc, by default).

Best,

matt