Re: [Condor-users] condor_shadow

On 07/02/2012 10:36 AM, Shrum, Donald C wrote:
I have a number of condor_shadow processes running on a submit node
that are orphaned.  There is no corresponding entry in the condor
queue.  Is it best to just kill the processes?

FYI, because shadows are reused, the only way to be sure there is no corresponding job would be for the queue to be empty. Can you kill them, yes, use SIGKILL. If there is a corresponding job the Schedd is supposed to restart the Shadow. Let us know what version of Condor you are running so we can keep an eye out of this situation in the future.

Best,

matt