Re: [Condor-users] Use different machine ressources at different times

Hello

We want to use a few multi-core machines with condor.
Due to their owners demand we can only use a certain number of cores
during the day, but all machine resources during the night.
So we would need a way to dynamically restrict resource usage of condor
depending on the time.

With the static slot configuration, this is relatively easy to do. I don't think there's a good way to do with with partitionable slots as they exist in condor 7.8 or 7.9.

With static slots, something like this should work (though I haven't tested it)

# ClockMin is the minute of the day, starting at midnight
# 480 minutes is 8 am, 1020 is 5 pm
START = ((ClockMin > 480) && (ClockMin < 1020)) && (slotid < 5)) || (clockMin < 480) || (clockMin > 1020)

then set SUSPEND and PREEMPT to do something reasonable for your site. Probably you just want to preempt the excess jobs during work hours.

-Greg