[Condor-users] Fast job execution and matchmaking

Hi!

We have a local condor pool in our university lab.
a condor master and several quad core computers
(all with the same hardware).

We want to run many small condor jobs, and we want
very fast matchmaking/execution.

I did set all the intervals in the config file to
1sec (instead of 300). we don't care about the network
traffic between them because it is just 20 cores and not 2000.

The weird thing is it still takes 8 or 9 seconds
until a job executes...

Any way to make it faster? maybe a config parameter
that i am missing?

Could i set an interval of under 1 second?

Maybe i can change something in the source codes?

Sorry about all the questions..... hoping that someone can help.

Thanks,

Guy