Re: [Condor-users] Question about using Condor in a non-Grid environment

On 7/19/2012 7:15 PM, Jan_Seidel@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Would you recommend to use Condor in such an environment or doesn't
it match the Condor design?

If I follow your description, a submission to the batch system would entail a four-way dependency between jobs, each of which runs concurrently on a specific type of node. Two of these jobs function as servers and the other two function as clients. Concurrent, heterogeneous batch scheduling.

If so then Condor probably isn't for you. It doesn't do concurrent. Take a look at Control-M and TORQUE. Control-M does pretty much everything. It also costs. TORQUE may be able to do what you want but I haven't seen it outside of a small parallel computing cluster so I can't say for certain.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science