[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] Condor deployment on multiple distributed resources
- Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 13:15:44 +0200
- From: sergio.maffioletti@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Condor-users] Condor deployment on multiple distributed resources
probably this subject has been already discussed previously, but being new to the mailing list, I take the liberty of asking again
we're getting 'cold feet' on the grid technologies and we'd like to explore alternative possibilities for accessing distributed resources
in a manner that allow us to reduce the operational overhead footprint at the individual sites and, at the same time, that would give us also access to private/public cloud infrastructures as a mean to expand the resource portfolio
in this context, we'd like to understand whether and how condor could be used as a central component to achieve this level of integration/aggregation
- how condor could/should be deployed in order to aggregate various distributed computing clusters each of them controlled by a different incarnation of a batch system (SGE, LSF, PBS, Slurm)
- what components needs to be deployed ? (please do not tell me we need to deploy globus on each site... :)
- is it possible to avoid deploy anything at the individual site level ?
- what would be the authentication mechanism in this case ?
- how private/public cloud resources could be integrated ?
- how the whole thing would be used from the client side ?
the usage idea would be to develop application-specific tools on top of such infrastructure, thus it it also very important to minimise the number of component deployed (if possible)
thanks for any hint
GC3: Grid Computing Competence Center
University of Zurich
CH-8057 Zurich Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 635 4222
Fax: +41 44 635 6888