Re: [Condor-users] Condor deployment on multiple distributed resources

Hi Sergio,

There has been recent developments to help with your use case.  Specifically to not run anything on the remote cluster, and to control everything from the client side.  This is the BLAHP over SSH work: https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2421

This BLAHP over SSH allows you to submit jobs through the SSH interface to a cluster.  No middleware needed on the remote clusters.

Additionally, we have built software on top of the BLAHP over SSH to create a condor overlay on the different resources, called BOSCO (BLAHP over SSH Condor Overlay).  But this is Beta, at best.

If you're interested in trying this software, drop me a line.

If all you have is a hammer...
Derek Weitzel
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Nebraska Holland Computing Center