Re: [Condor-users] condor_vacate_job versus condor_suspend

On vacate, the job will leave the machine, and release the claim.

"A job running under the vanilla universe is killed, and Condor restarts the job from the beginning somewhere else"

On suspend the job will stay on the machine and suspend until condor_continue or the CONTINUE expression evaluates to true.

"The machine may still be claimed, but the job makes no further progress, and Condor does not generate a load on the machine."

Cheers,
Tim