Re: [Condor-users] making condor aware of isolcpus/cpu subset

On 06/15/2012 11:27 AM, Vlad wrote:
Greetings,

I am using Condor 7.8 on RHEL 5 machines that use isolcpus boot option
to exclude a couple of physical cores from regular process scheduling
(these cores are dedicated to I/O processing). It appears that Condor is
having a hard time recognizing that these CPUs are not available for job
scheduling: it tries to run its benchmark on each core and only figures
out that a core is unavailable when it times out (takes hours to settle).

The benchmarks run OOTB are just run once and are single-core, IIRC.

How are you identifying this issue?

We have attempted to configure Condor with 1 slot per available core,
but there does not seem to be a way to bind slots to specific physical
core indices -- is that true or have we just not found the right
configuration options? I would appreciate any insight into how to make
Condor aware of a restricted cpuset available for scheduling.

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.8/3_3Configuration.html#19721

ENFORCE_CPU_AFFINITY and SLOT<N>_CPU_AFFINITY

Best,

matt