Re: [Condor-users] Linux 3 kernel

Hi

In fact condor 7.4 will work on linux machines with kernel 3.x.
However you will use all information concerning cpu usage, so no
suspension is possible.
If you adapt the configuration files accordingly,it will work though. We
did that until the new version 7.6.6 came out.

Mixing different condor versions worked fine in our pool as well.

Cheers,
Hermann

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 09:51 +0000, Ian Cottam wrote:
> I've upgraded that one machine to 7.6.6 and all seems well so far with
> tests.
> -Ian
>

> On 11/03/2012 10:09, "Ian Cottam" <Ian.Cottam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> > I foolishly let one of my boxes update to Ubuntu 11.10 the other day and
> >Condor 7.4.4 stopped working because of the Linux 3 kernel.
> >
> >The vast majority of our pool is running 7.4.4.
> >
> >I see in 7.6.* that the load average calculation with with Linux 3 is
> >fixed.
> >What about the use of /proc with dynamic slots - is that fixed too?
> >Last question: if I upgrade this one node to 7.6.6 will it work with the
> >others (including matchmaker/negotiator) on 7.4.4?
> >
> >Thanks
> >-Ian
> >

> >--
> >Ian Cottam
> >IT Services for Research
> >Faculty of EPS
> >The University of Manchester

> >The archives can be found at:
> >https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/

> The archives can be found at:

DI Hermann Fuchs
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Medical Radiation Research for Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology
Medical University Vienna
Währinger Gürtel 18-20
A-1090 Wien