Re: [Condor-users] set a variable number of cores used

Thank you very much for your tip.

Do you know how I could limit dynamic slots as well?
Your tipp does not seem to work for those.

Cheers,
Hermann
On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 10:52 -0600, Nathan Panike wrote:
> Hermann:
>
> In your config file, add
>
> STARTD_SLOT_ATTRS = $(STARTD_SLOT_ATTRS) IsBusy
> IsBusy = (State == "Claimed" && Activity == "Busy")
> # Assumes work hours are 8am to 4pm
> START = ($(START)) && ( (ClockMin < 480) || (ClockMin > 960) || (( slot1_IsBusy + slot2_IsBusy + slot3_IsBusy + slot4_IsBusy + slot5_IsBusy + slot6_IsBusy ) <= 4))
>
> What will happen with this expression is that the negotiator will match
> to resources, but the resources will refuse to run jobs if 4 jobs are
> already running during work hours.
>
> Nathan Panike
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I run into a tricky condor management question.
> > We acquired a few new workstations. These are usually in use during the
> > day and idle at night.
> > However, day usage would not need all resources, most of the resources
> > can be used by condor.
> > Each workstation has 6 cores, 4 of them could be used during the day and
> > all 6 cores during the night.
> > Simply suspending jobs on the other two cores does not work due to RAM
> > limitations.
> >
> > Therefore we need the following:
> > During daytime use only 4 (of 6) cores (e.g. calculate only 4 jobs
> > simultaneously). During nights use all 6 cores.
> >
> > Is there a way to do this?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Hermann
>
> The archives can be found at:

DI Hermann Fuchs
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Medical Radiation Research for Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology
Medical University Vienna
Währinger Gürtel 18-20
A-1090 Wien