[Condor-users] 7.8 and defrag or similar of dynamic slots

We are thinking about updating to 7.8.0.
I noticed that there is, with 7.8, a defrag daemon for dynamic slots.
On our (main) pool we have preemption off anyway: am I right in thinking
that this defrag then is not for us?

I only ask because sometimes (with 7.4/7.6) and dynamic slots we see
partial matches that don't go through and wondered if there was something
in 7.8 that helps with this.
regards
-Ian

--