[Condor-users] credd locking out accounts with inexplicable bad logon attempts

I am having troubles with credd on Windows generating loads of "Logon Failure" events. The stored credentials for the relevant users are definitely valid. For no obvious reason, run_as_owner jobs spuriously produce events like these:  "Unknown user name or bad password; Logon Type: 3; Logon Process: Advapi; Authentication Package: Negotiate".

If three such of these happen within an hour, the account gets locked out. This happens frequently. Is this an understood issue? I can't rule out that ActiveDirectory on this network is misconfigured in some way.

Probably relevant: `condor_store_cred query` also spuriously reports invalid or missing credentials. If you simply wait a couple minutes it will then report the stored credentials are valid. So apropos of nothing, the credentials seem to temporarily blink out of existence. I've seen this behavior on two different networks.

Can anyone shed some light? I'm near the end of my rope with this stuff. I might have to rip out condor and write some services, which I really didn't want to do.

Thanks.