Re: [Condor-users] ordering jobs

On 05/30/2012 09:40 PM, Nathan Panike wrote:

> The 7.8.0 version of DAGman will set the job priority according to the
> PRIORITY value given in the DAG file.  You can try that if you are using
> 7.8.0
>
> More directly, setting "priority = 0" for the "A" jobs and "priority =
> 1" for the "B" jobs will get you what you want, I think. (See
> http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.8/condor_submit.html)

No, or at least it was not running any B (child) jobs after a couple of
hundred As (parents) have completed. (7.8.0 linux x86_64 pool with only
40 slots.)

> Also, you could set "DAGMAN_SUBMIT_DEPTH_FIRST = True" in the DAG config
> file, but from your description above, it seems like this shouldn't
> matter.

That did the trick.

Another quick one: how do I get the total number of slots for
DAGMAN_MAX_JOBS_SUBMITTED? Is there an attribute or macro (that I'm not
seeing the fine manual)?

Thanks
--
Dimitri Maziuk