From: "Cotton, Benjamin J" <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx" <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 10:49 PM
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] VirtualBox: Guest user vs. Condor account!?!

On Sat, 2012-11-17 at 06:57 -0600, Matt Renzelmann wrote:
> If the VM universe does not support anything newer than VMware
> Server 1.0 images

We've used relatively recent version of VMWare Workstation with the VM
universe after patching the vmware plugin. The link[1] to the patch is
below. I can't promise that it still works, but as of about a year ago
it worked on both Windows and Linux hosts.

As for VirtualBox, there was a presentation at Condor Week a few years
ago about using VirtualBox at Marquette University. I don't know if that
gentleman is still on the list, but if not you might be able to find
useful information in his archived presentation.

[1] http://web.rcac.purdue.edu/boilergrid/windows/condor_vm_vmware.diff

--
Ben Cotton
Purdue University