Re: [Condor-users] Inconsistent Disappearing Backslashes in Windows UNC Paths for Output and Error Lines

It never fails, as soon as I email the condor-users mailing list, I
fix my problem.  For those of you having similar problems, here's the
deal:

We had a double backslash somewhere in the path, e.g. our submit file
had a line that looked something like this:

"Output = \\10.75.x.x\abcd\SomeFolder\\AnotherFolder\output.out"

>From trial and error, I found out the double backslash in the middle
of the path (between "SomeFolder" and "AnotherFolder") was somehow
causing Condor to decide to turn "\\" into "\" and "\" into "".  It
would interpret the above as:

"Output = \10.75.x.xabcdSomeFolder\AnotherFolderoutput.out"

So the moral of the story is, make sure you don't have doubled
backslashes, UNLESS it is the first part of a UNC path.  The following
obviously works fine:

"Output = \\10.75.x.x\abcd\SomeFolder\AnotherFolder\output.out"

I do think this should be labeled as a bug in Condor, or at least
checked when the submitter does error checking...