Re: [Condor-users] condor_master dying in 7.6.9

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:54:47AM +0100, Roderick Johnstone wrote:
> Running nslookup on the FQDN returns the correct ip address and running
> nslookup on the ip address returns:
>
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa      name = a.b.c.d
>
> where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is now the ip address in reverse order and a.b.c.d
> is the FQDN.

Hmm. Nothing obviously wrong there.

> I also have the strace output from running condor_master that you
> suggested I gather in another email to this list. Would you be prepared
> to have a look at that off list? If so, would it be ok to email that to
> you. Its about 650kB.

Well, I can scan it for the obvious things (where it does the name lookup,
and where it prints the error) but if it's anything more complex than that,
it would probably best go to someone who's familiar with the code.