Re: [Condor-users] 7.8.2 / running out of ports for UDP

Just a guess, but are you running with NO_DNS?

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2691,3

On 09/06/2012 06:09 PM, Dan Bradley wrote:

Is there anything interesting in MasterLog?

It may be helpful to strace condor_master.

strace -p <insert-pid-of-master> -o master.strace

You can kill that after it has run for long enough to observe lots of
sockets being opened.

What is using port 1980?  Have you configured your collector to use that
port?

--Dan

The problem persists so flocking was not related.  The condor master
is back up to 28,000+ open UDP ports.

Right now I’m just doing a periodic restart

[root@condor ~]# condor_status -master -format "%d\n"
MonitorSelfRegisteredSocketCount

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

[root@condor ~]# service condor restart

Shutting down Condor (fast-shutdown mode)...  done.

Starting up Condor...    done.

[root@condor ~]# condor_status -master -format "%d\n"
MonitorSelfRegisteredSocketCount

1