[HTCondor-users] Is it possible to send job to a node as it comes in?

Hi,

Say we have at least 2 nodes. And for most of the time the slots we have are good enough for what we do. But very often, we have to wait 5-10 seconds before the job is dispatched. It looks like if we missed the cycle, we have to wait.

We tried to lower the time for negotiation cycle to 2 seconds, but it doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this behavior? Our job has to be processed as soon as possible, even a 10 seconds wait is not ideal to us.

Thanks!

John