Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor SOAP call help needed

Hello,

On 04/16/2013 02:36 PM, btdan wrote:
Hello everyone, I begin to use HTCondor. But I confuse feel puzzled about the difference between
HTCondor and Hadoop.
Can somebody tell me their different functions ?
Thank you very much.
G.David

As I understand it, HTCondor is manager of jobs( http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/htc.html ). By jobs I mean anything you can run/manage/control from bash scripts to VMs, Hadoop daemons(you can manage Hadoop pool by HTCondor).

Hadoop is for big amount of data and operations on that data.
--
Best Regards,
Martin Kudlej.