[HTCondor-users] compiling standard universe on Ubuntu 12.04

Hey all,

I'm trying to get a standard universe build working on Ubuntu 12.04 and after I noticed the ubuntu .deb files released by the HTCondor team didn't have condor_compile, I'm trying to compile it myself from source. One of the problems I'm running into is that I receive this message while running cmake:

-- Condor can not build standard universe for glibc version:215
-- ** Standard Universe Disabled **

Digging in a bit, I found that first line in externals/bundles/glibc/CMakeLists.txt in an else clause. Reading the file a bit, it looks like condor wants glibc 213 or earlier (maybe in between 2.3 and 2.13, I'm not certain).

Is this limit set because later versions of glibc, such as 2.15, are currently incompatible with the standard universe, or because they haven't been tested yet? Or perhaps some other reason.

Thanks,
Evan