Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_ssh_to_job

Ben Cotton wrote:
> It depends on what you mean by post-install. If you mean as a step in
> the $packagemanager installation process, this is a non-starter for
> RPM-based systems because RPM doesn't do interactive installation. If
> you mean "first run $packagemanager, then run the scripts", that would
> work, but it doesn't scale well.

I mean run something from the %pre section of the spec file that invokes
the configuration tool or at least notifies the SA to run it.

> Of course, at scale the "right" way to do it is probably for the admin
> to define the users in the configuration management tool being used,
> but we can't rely on people to use configuration management (it hurts
> me to have to type that).

Better still, define the accounts in the master identity system (LDAP,
NIS, whatever) so that they're uniform across the entire pool. Really
important if you're using NFS to share file systems.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science