Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_ssh_to_job

Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> Last I looked (not this century, admittedly), virtual address spaces
> were supposed to make that a bit harder than "almost no effort".

Look up ptrace() and it's related functions.

> Yes. But you'd have to know the PID. Or kill everything. For that latter
> one, there are easier ways to DOS a box.

  pgrep -u nobody

will generate a list of all PIDs owned by user nobody. If you don't
have pgrep installed then

  ps au | grep nobody | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'

will accomplish the same thing. As for launching an "assassin":

  pkill -9 -u nobody

or

  kill -9 `ps au | grep nobody | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`

Whether or not you buy it depends on whether or not you think some of
your users might ever be "clever" enough to use tricks like these to
kill others' jobs, either to hinder rivals or free slots for their own jobs.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science