Re: [HTCondor-users] Limit Memory

Brian Bockelman <bbockelm@...> writes:

> On Aug 27, 2013, at 9:22 AM, Romain <nuelromain@...> wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I've some problems with the limits of memory usage on my pool.
> >
> > So I've install cgroup and configure like that:
> > BASE_CGROUP = htcondor
> > CGROUP_MEMORY_LIMIT_POLICY = hard
> > On my configuration files (condor_config)
> >
> > I want to suspend the jobs if it stay at the limit for a time (1 min for
> > example) and go back to the queue if it stay another time more (5 min
for
> > example)
> >

> I don't understand the question.  The memory limits are per-job.  If you
suspend the job, how is it going to
> decrease its memory usage?
>
> Brian

I want to suspend the job for a time and if it can't restart I want to stop
it and let go back to the queue

If isn't possible I want to let go back to the queue directly

I attribute 2 CPU and 1 Go RAM for each user machine, job don't have to take
more than 1Go because it can be a problem for user.

Sorry for my bad English :s

Thank you and have a nice day

--
Romain