Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_config_val & the defrag daemon

Hi Andrew,

Does something like this work for you:

condor_config_val -subsystem Defrag -name red-condor.unl.edu -pool red-condor.unl.edu HOSTNAME

?

I believe the value of "-name" refers to the value of the "Name" attribute in the daemon's ad.  This defaults to $(FULL_HOSTNAME); then, "-subsystem" filters the query on a particular daemon type.

However, I'm using a fairly new version of condor_config_val (I'm not sure if '-subsystem' is in the 8.0 series).  Another approach might be to set:

DEFRAG.NAME = defrag@$(FULL_HOSTNAME)

in the config file for the defrag daemon.  I'm not 100% sure that's going to work (I don't know if condor_config_val filters on type for older versions).

Brian