[HTCondor-users] Monitoring and Administration

Hi,

To be honest, I'm in charge of making monitoring software but a previous software engineer made a proof of concept in Qt/python, I'm studying his work. He used e-tree as XML parser. The software displays current user's jobs, and some status for each cluster. The python program starts commands as condor_q -xml -attributes "........" and it parses output. It is working but it displays only job from the current user, I'm trying to display all jobs instead.

We are thinking about switching to Qt/C++, We will probably use the same mechanism, parsing condor_q stdout. But If there is another way, I'm interested to know more. Our goal is to provide Qt application such as Qube! or Deadline. We want to know job status, job progression for our artists, managers want ability to change priority of job or several jobs. Priorities are managed by projects in my company. When new projects start, we have to amend a bit the HTCondor configuration. If we forget to do so, the jobs of this new project have no priority so they don't start.

I have some questions:
-Can we modify the configuration on the fly, by sending command instead of changing configuration file ? I understood it is possible to ask to the server(master) to read its configuration, am I wrong ?
-Is there a way to get job's progression ?
-The Python program asks data regularly, is there another way ? Get notifications ?

Renaud