Re: [HTCondor-users] Python-condor

thanks Brian,
on a first test, the second method seems to be promising. I would use it on several machines for submission and monitoring interface.

best
Felix

Am 12.12.2013 16:12, schrieb Brian Bockelman:
Hi Felix,

Probably not -- however, there are some options since the python bindings are only clients:

1) Most of the python bindings work remotely.  So, you can run a single HTCondor 8.0.x host with python bindings separate from the rest of your cluster.
2) The 8.0 python bindings can (awkwardly) co-exist on a 7.x host.  Instead of using an RPM, download the tarball and unpack them into a non-system directory.  As long as you have PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$WHEREVER/lib/python and LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$WHEREVER/lib, this should work.

Brian