Re: [HTCondor-users] Error opening history file /var/lib/condor/spool/history: No such file or directory

On 02/05/2013 02:45 AM, John Wong wrote:
I downloded and installed 7.9.2
I have been using this for a month. I was building new vms and testing these vms. In the last several days, I noticed I am getting this error in all my new vms.

condor_history
Error opening history file /var/lib/condor/spool/history: No such file or directory

I created both file and directory but I get this:
user@precise32:$ condor_history
 ID     OWNER          SUBMITTED   RUN_TIME     ST COMPLETED   CMD
user@precise32:$

Any idea why?

Thanks.

John

The history file is generated by the condor_schedd process once Completed or Removed jobs exit out of the queue. The config value is HISTORY and typically is set to $(SPOOL)/history. Perhaps there is some missing configuration in your new VMs?

The condor_history file tool found your empty file but there is not content in it so it just reports the column headers and returns.

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.9/3_3Configuration.html#SECTION004311000000000000000
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.9/condor_history.html

\Pete

--