Re: [HTCondor-users] DOS window flashing

I used master to refer to the manager, which is also the submit machine, not an execute machine in the cluster. I'm not setting USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP, so I assume it is false. That setting controls the behavior on the execute machine and I want the default behavior, i.e., no visible window when the job is running. I don't see windows open and closing or flashing on the execute machines... but then again I don't log in as condor.

A DOS window flashes up on the submit (manager) machine when each job completes.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quoting "Michael O'Donnell" <odonnellm@xxxxxxxx>:

When you say master are you referring to your submit machine. I do not see
this behavior, but could it possibly be tied to the following macro.

USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP This setting is only meaningful on Windows machines.
If True, Condor
will allow the job to create windows on the desktop of the execute machine
and interact
with the job. This is particularly useful for debugging why an application
will not run under
Condor. If False, Condor uses the default behavior of creating a new,
non-visible desktop to
run the job on. See section 6.2 for details on how Condor interacts with
the desktop.