Re: [HTCondor-users] Want to keep and see executable, input and output files transferred/generated on condor execute machine

On Feb 14, 2013, at 5:37 AM, Harshad Prajapati <harshad.b.prajapati@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My question is related to submitting a job to condor using condor-g submission.
> I want to see where transferred executable and input files are stored on execute machine for job submitted using condor-g. Similarly, what about output file?
> Moreover, I want to keep those files on execute machines, what configuration do I need to do?
> Do I need to configure gsi-gatekeeper of globus or Startd of condor?

On the execute machine, HTCondor creates a temporary directory for each job to run in. All files for the job are stored there while the job runs and the directory is deleted when the job completes. There are no configuration parameters to disable the cleanup of this directory.

On the gatekeeper machine, Globus GRAM keeps job-related files in directories under the user's home directory. These directories are deleted when the GRAM client (e.g. Condor-G) tells it to do so.

Why do you want to keep these files on the execute machine after they've been transferred back to the job submitter?

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison HTCondor Project