Re: [HTCondor-users] Memory requests increasing

Thanks for this but I'm still not quite sure what's going on so maybe an example helps.

I've got a job which was submitted yesterday and the requirements line in the submit file was:

Requirements = starccm == "yes" && Memory >=900

It started running but is now shown as idle; running condor_q gives me the info below. What I don't understand is why it's now asking for 2686MB of RAM (at least, I do understand; the .log file shows that the job was using 2686MB when it was evicted yesterday. The eviction was probably because another user started to use the machine but why does Condor assume it's got to have that much RAM in order to re-run?)

Steve

C:\scripts>condor_q  1534 -analysebetter

-- Submitter: HTCONDOR.cc.ic.ac.uk : <155.198.30.249:51232> : HTCONDOR.cc.ic.ac.uk
---
1534.000:  Run analysis summary.  Of 2815 machines,
   2815 are rejected by your job's requirements
      0 reject your job because of their own requirements
      0 match but are serving users with a better priority in the pool
      0 match but reject the job for unknown reasons
      0 match but will not currently preempt their existing job
      0 match but are currently offline
      0 are available to run your job
        Last successful match: Wed Feb 27 17:40:13 2013
        Last failed match: Thu Feb 28 11:55:58 2013

        Reason for last match failure: no match found

WARNING:  Be advised:
   No resources matched request's constraints

The Requirements expression for your job is:

( target.starccm == "yes" && target.Memory >= 900 ) &&
( TARGET.Arch == "X86_64" ) && ( TARGET.OpSys == "WINDOWS" ) &&
( TARGET.Disk >= RequestDisk ) && ( TARGET.Memory >= RequestMemory ) &&
( TARGET.HasFileTransfer )

    Condition                         Machines Matched    Suggestion
1   ( TARGET.Memory >= 2686 )         0                   MODIFY TO 1018
2   target.starccm == "yes"           1876
3   target.Memory >= 900              2532
4   ( TARGET.Arch == "X86_64" )       2815
5   ( TARGET.OpSys == "WINDOWS" )     2815
6   ( TARGET.Disk >= 500000 )         2815
7   ( TARGET.HasFileTransfer )        2815