Re: [HTCondor-users] Overriding Cmd for condor_q output?

Brian Candler wrote:

> What exactly is the difference between Arguments= and Args=? Since
> Args= is not mentioned in
> http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/condor_submit.html
> I thought it was just an alias, but does it behave differently?
>
> Ditto for Executable= (documented) and Cmd= (undocumented)

In the beginning:

Arguments= and Executable= were what goes in the submit file.

Args= and Cmd= were what goes in the job ad.

At some point, the quoting for Args= became problematic and they
changed Args= to Arguments= in the job ad.  It may be that a newer
Condor will only have Arguments= in the job ads, but with the 7.1
release I see both variants.

Someone from the Condor team can probably elaborate or correct me if I
am wrong.

--
Daniel K. Forrest		Space Science and
dan.forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Engineering Center