Re: [HTCondor-users] Cannot Run Script

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Vishal Shah <vishal.b.shah@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When attempting to run a perl script through Condor, I get the following
> error in the condor error output file:
>
> Can't open perl script "/data/input/test.pl": Permission denied
>
> The file resides on a gluster volume that is mounted on all of the nodes.
> The UID/GID of the user that is submitting the job is uniform across all of
> the nodes and should has proper permissions to run the script. Is this due
> to the way condor manages submissions?
>
> Thanks,
> Vishal

Hi,

Try adding to your job a listing of that directory, like "ls -la
/data/input/" and also "ls -la /data/", just to make sure the
directory is visible/usable from all nodes.

Also, make sure the jobs are being executed as the user who submits
and not as nobody.

A quick fix would be to copy the script to the execution directory and
run it there.

--
Diego Bello Carreño