[HTCondor-users] Scheduler agnostic API

Hi,

Does anybody knows of any scheduler agnostic API?

I would guess that most people (or a reasonable number) that use a scheduler system only want to have a certain program to process some data. So I was wondering, did anybody ever saw an API that "automagically" converts scheduler directives to a certain scheduler? I am fully aware that it is impossible to use all the functionality of all schedulers simply because they do not overlap.

But I guess that only a basic job could be easily "mapped" to different schedulers:
-> Condor
request_cpus = 1
request_memory = 100
Executable = someExecutable
arguments = someArgument
transfer_input_files = someInputFile
transfer_files = ON_EXIT

-> PBS, Torque
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=1,mem=100
someExecutable someArgument

(I guess PBS flavors would also need to bother with the shh copy side of things, but it seems doable)