Re: [HTCondor-users] How use less ports

Martin Kudlej <mkudlej@...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 06/06/2013 09:35 AM, Romain wrote:
> > So I've to ask the network service of my company to open port on the
> > firewall.
> > But they didn't really want to open a large space of ports like 9600-
> > 9700/9800 so, I search some information for use less port the better
would to
> > use 2 or 3 differents ports.
> > I try SHARED_PORT = -p xxxx, but I don't succeed to configure it properly
> > think.
> > Can it be the solution ?
> > and if yes what is the procedure to configure it?
> > if no there is some solutions?
>
> Try configure shared port according this

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.8/3_7Networking_includes.html#
sec:shared-port-daemon

Thanks, that's what I try. I do that:

USE_SHARED_PORT = True
SHARED_PORT_ARGS = -p 9614

COLLECTOR_HOST = X.X.X.X:9614?sock=collector

and I've add the condor_shared_port in all machines

But it's doesn't work. When I do condor_status I've:
condor_status
Error: communication error

There's no procedure or example of this option ? because the documentation is
not very understandable for me