Re: [HTCondor-users] Restrict access to only a set of users

On 6/6/2013 2:00 PM, Prem Kumar wrote:
Hi Todd,

Thank you for you quick reply. I used your recipe from the first link.
But I am having a hard time getting the job accepted. Nodes stay in
Owner:Idle state, even thought Load Avg: is 0.00 and no jobs running on
any of the compute/worker nodes..

Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Amit

Are these nodes dedicated servers (aka sitting in a rack) or non-dedicated desktops (aka cycle scavenging) ?

If they are dedicated nodes, then change your START expression to be

START = ( (User == "userfoo@xxxxxxx") || \
          (User == "userbar@xxxxxxx") )

substituting the userids as appropriate and do not worry about load average or keyboard.

Look at an example job from a workshop owner, and confirm that the "User" attribute is what you placed in the START expression above. For instance, if job 55.0 is from a workshop user, do
   condor_q -l 55.0
and confirm you have an attribute for that job that matches an entry in your START expression, eg
   User == "userfoo@xxxxxxx"
You could also try "condor_q -analyze 55.0"

Don't forget to do a condor_reconfig or restart the Condor service on the execute nodes you changed...

regards,
Todd

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx