Re: [HTCondor-users] UNC path and error 1067

OK after some digging I found someone mention this:

condor_master –f

I tried that and get the following:

ERROR: Can’t read config source /home/condor/condor_config.local

So I changed the LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE in the global condor_config on the network share to  /foo/bar/conf

And now the message changed to

ERROR: Can’t read config source /foo/bar/conf

Yay! Its working (sort of). When I set the LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE to something that exists I get

<DATE> Can’t open “/log/MasterLog”

Now I am assuming that this is due to my LOCAL_DIR not being set to something sane for the environment (in this case tilde)

What I am looking for is the best strategy with respect to config files to accomplish the following:

1)      Mixed Linux and Windows machines in the same pool

2)      Central global and local config files. Liking the idea of separating out the local_configs by OS and Arch.

I am getting bits and pieces of this from various sources but I have not found anything that just spits out what I don’t understand. I will keep documenting as I find more.

At the very least I hope my continued embarrassment of myself and my organization helps someone, sometime!