From: Martin Kudlej [mailto:mkudlej@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 March 2013 09:47
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Cc: Andrew Hart
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] fedora node won't join redhat pool

Hi,

> However the fourth machine, which is fedora not redhat like the
> others, does not appear in the list.  So is there a command that I can
> run that will give me a clue where to start to find the problem?  I am
> hoping for something like "condor_node -connection_report" ...something like that?  I am new to condor but I have looked in the collector's log which does not show a problem.

There is no such command.

Connect to Fedora machine and try:
Is value of CONDOR_HOST variable the same as hostname of pool central manager?
$ condor_config_val CONDOR_HOST

This should be the same. If it is not the same, open /etc/condor/config.d/my_setup.conf
and add there line:
CONDOR_HOST=_hostname_of_your_pool_central_manager_

How have you configured Fedora HTCondor and RHEL Pool? What commands have you used?

--
Best Regards,
Martin Kudlej.

Phone: +420 532 294 155