Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor & Bosco submissions

On 03/07/2013 12:21 PM, Francesco Prelz wrote:

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Guillermo Marco Puche wrote:

Hello Francesco,

I'm still with an issue. About output and error files generated with SGE through Bosco.
They seem to don't work at all.

I've modified my sge_local_attributes.sh to this for testing purpose:

#!/bin/bash

cat << EOF

#$ -V

#$ -N bwa_aln_Opal

#$ -o SALIDA.out

#$ -cwd

#$ -q all.q

#$ -pe orte $Slots

EOF

According to this, 'SALIDA.out' should have stdout of SGE job. Which I need to monitor jobs.
But i really can't find the file.

Don't modify the sge_local_attributes.sh for that, but rather
set 'output = /path/to/stdout/file'
and 'error = /path/to/stderr/file' in the Condor submit file.
The output file will be transferred at the end of the job. The
path is relative to the submit node.

I know file output will be transferred at the end of the job. And indeed I know grid universe doesn't support output and error file streaming.

That's why I would like to create output and error from SGE cluster machine. Some of my jobs take for days I need some way to way to check if output is correct or it isn't. I thought that even if I can't stream output from Condor I could generate output and error from SGE.

More details in
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/condor_submit.html
but please note that stream_output and stream_error will *not*
work for jobs sent to other batch systems.

HTH

Francesco P.

Best regards,
Guillermo.