[HTCondor-users] Use local Executables on Windows Clients

Hi, I’m really new to using HTCondor.  What I would like to do is submit jobs to the pool that use programs and DLLs installed on the client (processing) machines.  Meaning the jobs need access to the local PATH variable to find the exe’s and required DLL files.  I’ve tried “Getenv = true” but I’m not sure that will accomplish what I want.  I’ve also seen reference to USER_JOB_WRAPPER, but I’m not entirely sure how that works either.  Can anyone get me going in the right direction?

Just to clarify my setup…it’s only Windows, I have 3 computers with HTCondor installed and seeming working.  Each computer has the same set of software installed and the PATH setup properly so that if I bring up a command line and run my executable, it runs fine.  But when I try to submit the same process as a condor task, it has trouble finding the executable.  If I use UNC instead of drive letters to directly reference the location of the executable, then it can’t find the DLLs require to run the executable.  All leading me to believe that the Condor task is not using the local windows PATH settings.

Thanks,

Mark Prenter