Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_status not showing anything

On 3/21/2013 6:54 PM, Monforti, Richard wrote:
I just installed a new 2008 server and put 7.8.7 on it. Install seemed
to go fine but when I run condor_status I don’t see any slots. This is
the first server installed. Looks like all the services are started:

Thanks in advance for any help!

First place I'd look is the permissions on your Central Manager. What is the setting for ALLOW_WRITE in the condor_config file(s) on your central manager? Does it include your new 2008 server? If you are doing something like
   ALLOW_WRITE = *.foo.com
perhaps your inverse DNS settings are not setup correctly at your site; you could try using IP addresses instead like
   ALLOW_WRITE = 128.105.1.*
And of course if you are behind a firewall and trust everyone in your environment you could just set
   ALLOW_READ = *
   ALLOW_WRITE = *

You could also look at the end of the c:\condor\log\CollectorLog on your central manager to see if it is reporting anything (like a permission denied re your new server joining the pool).

Hope this helps
Todd