Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_qsub

Ian,

condor_qsub should be in 7.9.6 (coming very soon). I'm busy working on the documentation for it and there is a lot to write as I am merging three different versions of qsub documentation together with how HTCondor works. In short, if you already know how to use qsub (from PBS, SGE, or Torque), condor_qsub should "just work" as it has something like ~2/3 of the options implemented. I was told during HTCondor Week that there are some issues with array jobs, but my focus right now is get the documentation done.

There are four options you should know though for condor_qsub (which is also available directly on github):

--help (prints a help message that may or may not be helpful)
--print (prints the contents of the HTCondor submit file to STDOUT)
--condor-keep-files (condor_qsub makes a temporary submit file; this option keeps the file around)
--test (does almost everything except submit the job).

Sam