Re: [HTCondor-users] submitting on only select machines in a pool

I am sure there are a couple methods to accomplish this, but this is how I have handled such requirements.

In the global configuration file I use something similar to the following:
ArcGIS_VL = "UNKNOWN"
STARTD_ATTRS = ArcGIS_VL

In your local config file I then define the version of software I am using:
ArcGIS_VL = "10.1.3035"

In my submit file I use the following:
Requirements            = ( ArcGIS_VS2 == "10.1.3035" )

I use BigFix for tracking changes of software on machines within our pool and for updating HTCondor config files about once per week. Therefore, if software is updated or changed, this is quickly reflected in the HTCondor pool.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Michael O'Donnell

GIS/IT Analyst