[HTCondor-users] defrag on condor 7.4?

We have a pool running 7.4.4 with dynamic/partitionable slots. A user is wanting to run jobs with request_cpus = 8 and I'm concerned that our machines will be too fragmented to accept the jobs.

Clearly the correct solution is to upgrade to a current condor version with condor_defrag. That's scheduled for June, after the looming research deadline. Meanwhile I wonder if there is a way to simulate defrag type behavior, by hand if needed on a 7.4.4 pool.

Thanks
RP