[HTCondor-users] issues getting with condor

Hi all,

I have installed condor from source, the tarball, and the repo (I am on CentOS 6) all with similar results.

There are two questions I have at this point.

1)      When people say that the daemons must be started as root. Does this mean that they should all show up as running as root?

2)      If so and that is not the case (ie all but condor_procd are running as the user condor) Is this why I am getting

Failed to open '/home/<user>/condor-test/simple.out' as standard output: Permission denied (errno 13)

when I try the example here: http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/tutorials/intl-grid-school-3/submit_first.html)

Or here: http://spinningmatt.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/getting-started-installing-a-single-node-condor-pool/

I saw an earlier mailing list question from 2007 that seems to address this issue (hence question 1)

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/htcondor-users/2007-April/msg00175.shtml

It also mentions the UID_DOMAIN name matching but at this point this node has a resolvable FQDN that is set as the hostname and is the only node in the pool and has manager, submit, and execute roles.

Can anyone please help? I REALLY want to use this ! J

Thanks,

Eddie Dunn

Systems Administrator

Department of Computer Science